Friday, April 23, 2010

9 Lists to Keep Updated, Keep Handy

Here are some must lists for having an organized life, keeping handy and always updated!


“Things I Want”
Every year, people I know ask me what I want for my birthday, or for Eid or just because they love giving me gifts Usually, I have no idea what to tell them. That’s why I’ve started keeping a list of things I want – every time I hear about or come across something I’d like to have, no matter how big or small, it goes on my list.
Event List

Sometimes you forget birthdays or anniversaries. An event list is must in situations like these. Checking them regularly, you will never forget a special event and this list could also be used again and again each year!

Gift Ideas”

This one’s on the opposite side of gift-giving. If I think of something that would be a great gift for a person I would buy as a gift, I write down something like “Mom – perfumes" That way, when my Mom’s birthday comes up and I realize I haven’t been paying attention for a whole year, I’ve got some backup ideas. This one, more than all the other lists here, has come in handy over and over in my life.
Phone Numbers/Email Address Lists

Necessary sometimes as most people are not good at remembering each and every phone number and email address of everyone, so this list is also a must one. Here you can write a phone number or email address next to each person's name.

“Got a Minute?”We all have things that we’d like to do, but that aren’t required of us and that have no consequences whether we do them or not. I keep those things in my “Got a Minute?” list. If I have some free time with absolutely nothing to do, I’ll take a stab at something on my list. If they don’t get done, it’s not a big deal – it’s full of things I’d like to do when there’s nothing better or more important to do.
“Watch, Read, Listen”

 If a movie gets suggested to me, or I’m told I absolutely have to hear a particular band, they go on the list. If I have some time, I’ll go through the bands and see if there’s anything good. If I’m in need of another book, I try to pull one from my list rather than just reading whatever’s nearby. These lists are populated by friends, blogs, and any other source you can think of, and they’ve provided me with a ton of great movies, music, and books.
“Don’t Forget”
This is a list for random, momentary stuff that you need to remember – but not remember forever. Things like “tomorrow test” or “fill ink” go on this list – review it periodically (I check mine every morning) and get rid of whatever is done or that you actually know. When the task is done, you erase it from your list.
Great Ideas
Have a great idea? Thought of a brilliant invention? Write it down. Maybe you won’t do anything with it, maybe you will – either way, having a list of your best ideas is a great way to both stimulate more great ideas, and to give you something to impress your teacher, friends or parents perhaps.

I'm going to check my lists, byee!

No comments:

Post a Comment